Tuesday 31 January 2012

Visual Communications

The brief we were given for this project was based on metaphors. Each of us got a different metaphor, mine being 'A Painful Lesson in Life'. I started with a mind map to help me with part one of this project, typography. In order to avoid being to literal and simply creating a font made from painful objects like needles I looked at what a painful lesson meant to me. A lesson may cause you to reflect so I experimented with the idea of mirroring type. There is also an idea of clarity from chaos in which I showed the metaphor clearly against a background of jumbled letters. It seemed that any painful lesson I've learned came from a mistake I made so I went with this idea. I created a few options for this and eventually decided to communicate my concept by having a mistake in the word 'Lesson' itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment