Sunday 1 April 2012

Final 8 Colour Boards

I chose my favourite swatches and kept a linear theme throughout to bring the pattens together.

The first swatch is an obvious starting point. I layered samples of cotton, organza, lining material and calico and, with a knife, cut and ripped pieces to immitate peeling paint.









This is my favourite swatch because of the clean linear appearance. It's interesting that such a uniformed pattern can come from something as unpredictable as paint formations. I used Calico and placed a layer of organza over it. Using an embroidery needle and Egyptian Cotton wool, I stitched each line.







These two swatches come from the same mark making. I used irregular weaving to give an unorganised, unpredictable quality to the pattern. For the second swatch I cut out the grid pattern from leatherette and placed organza which I burnt over it in keeping with the idea of seeing past a surface layer.









No comments:

Post a Comment